1. What is Yantra Learning?
Yantra Learning is one of the new program added this year under the umbrella of Yantra for Agricultural disaster response. It is a software competition where programmers develop software project that can make the Yantra (machine) learn from external environments, past data and patterns to take decision as per the current situation. The theme of Yantra Learning is to design and develop algorithms and software that can predict and alert about the possibility of upcoming natural disaster using present and past data in order to improve the productivity of Farmers.
Yantra means Machine so this competition will be focused to develop some algorithm to solve the problem where machine will become smart. The algorithm is the main innovation in the challenge, and to approach it any programming language or software tools is permitted. Development of app or pc software will be the main target and the technical challenge will be in making the Yantra (machine) learn from external environments, past data and patterns to take decision as per the current situation.
Overall, the main challenge is to come up with theme basis algorithm that can teach machine and upgrade it’s performance based on the past and/or present records.
2. Objectives of organizing Yantra Learning
RAN is organizing Yantra 6.0 Art | Tech | Science Festival with the theme “Technology for Change” starting from Nov 30 and as a part of Yantra 6.0 we are also organizing Yantra Learning with the Theme “Machine Learning for Agriculture”. We believe that this would open opportunities for participants to create apps and algorithmic solution which will assist to solve the various problem faced by farmer and can benefit from it along with the different agencies. We also want to take this event as an opportunity to link young students and professionals with computing background to establish linkages with technologists, environmentalists, use data that can be made available and come up with prototypes of applications and algorithms that can be scaled up, thus matching following objectives:
- To promote entrepreneurship skills in young engineering/IT Students.
- To address challenges faced by farmer in Nepal.
- To provide them feasible solution which will assist in their business.
3. What are the challenges that we are focusing?
The main challenge area we are putting forward is Agriculture. There will be more challenges developed for the participants in collaboration with other Stakeholders. Those challenges will be accompanied by necessary data and will be defined in collaboration with our partner organizations and network.
4. Who can participate?
- IT and Engineering Students of Final Year who have Knowledge of Probability & Statistics, Linear Algebra, Calculus with programming/software development skills.
- Start-up/Professional /Institutions having above mentioned knowledge.
Participants should be able to commit 3hrs/day time for AI fellowship if selected.
5. Who are behind Yantra Learning?
Robotics Association of Nepal will host the event as core organizer. The following organizations will also support the event by contributing their expertise and mobilizing their networks.
- FuseMachines, Inc
- Developers Session [ Intel Software Nepal Representative]
- Synergy Tech Software and others
6. When and where the event will take place?
Registration Deadline: December 17, 2017
Date: December 12, 2017
Time: 12:00 PM – 02:00 PM
Venue: Real Time Solutions, Dhobighat.
Date: Dec 19 – Dec 20, 2017
Time: 10:00 AM to 05:00 PM
Venue: FuseMachines Nepal Inc Seminar Hall, Hattisar
- Yantra Learning Final Competition:
Date: Dec 23, 2017
Time: 10:00 AM to 05:00 PM
Venue: Local Development Training Academy, Lagankhel
7. Problems statement for Yantra Learning?
- Visualize Farming Context of Nepal
- Predict the Future of Farming in Nepal
- Develop IoT Solutions to the Farmer
- Aware a Farmer about good farming culture
8. Perks of being participants of Yantra Learning
- Participants will be provided with mentors during two days hackathon.
- Participants will get chance to attennd lecture session on AI and Machine Learning by Fusemachines, Inc.
- AI fellowship for the winners from Fusemachines, Inc.
- Winners have chance to work with other related organizations to solve the problems of Agriculture in Nepal.
- We will work with participants to make their solution better even after the event if we have opportunity to work with you.
From Developers Sessions :
1. Course Curriculum Slides and Lab example codes and solutions
from New York University (NYU) about Deep Learning developed
by Professor Yann LeCun
2. 12 Weeks Courses access on Machine Learning and Deep Learning
by Intel Software
3. AI/Deep Learning Prerequisite Slides provided by Developer
Intel AI DevCloud powered by Scalable Intel Xeon Processor for AI
model training and Development.
Intel DevMesh Platform to showcase, collaborate and publish your
work and experiments with the world. Get access to others AI, IOT
projects, learn from them, collaborate on them, ask for expert opinion
all in one platform.
9. Where do participants get the data?
Different datasets related to agriculture are available to download from here.
Gaurav Tripathee : 9849191292 , Yantra Learning Co-Lead
Rabin Shrestha : 9840013178, Yantra Learning Co-Lead.
Hackathon I Schedule Date: 19th Dec, 2017
|10:00 am – 10:30 am||Registration|
|10:30 am – 10:45 am||Welcome Session|
|10:45 am – 11:00 am||Briefing Schedule, do’s and don’ts, logistics announcement||Yantra Learning Team|
|11:00 am – 11:30 am||Sharing of Idea from participating team||Yantra Learning Team|
|11:30 am – 12:00 pm||AI & Machine Learning Session||FuseMachines Nepal|
|12:00 pm – 2:00 pm||Development Continues|
|2:00 am – 2:30 pm||Lunch|
|2:30 pm – 3:30 pm||Development continues|
|3:30 pm – 4:30 pm||Mentors visit|
|4:30 pm. – 5:00 pm||Development continues|
|5:00 pm – 5:30 pm||Closing + Tea + General Queries|
Hackathon II Day 2 Schedule Date: 20th Dec, 2017
|10:00 am onwards||Venue opens|
|10:30 am – 11:30 pm||Getting Started in Machine Learning & Cluster Access Guide|
|11:30 am – 12:30 pm||Development Continues|
|12:30 pm – 2:00 pm.||AI & Machine Learning Session||FuseMachines Nepal|
|2:00 pm – 2:30 pm||Lunch|
|2:30 pm – 3:30 pm||Development continues|
|3:30 pm – 4:30 pm||Mentors Visit to Participants|
|4:30 pm – 5:00 pm||Development Continues|
|5:00 pm – 5:30 pm||Information About Yantra Learning and Tea + Sharing Experience|
1.How many people can be in a team?
Maximum of four participants will be in each team.
2.What are the criteria for selection?
Team from Fusemachines and Robotics Association of Nepal will select the candidate based on his/her CV. Participants having a knowledge of calculus, linear algebra, probability and statistics along with data structure & algorithm and programming skill will get priority.
3.Is there any registration charge?
4.What kind of solution can we develop?
Any data driven products can be developed. For example: Desktop Application, Websites, Mobile Applications etc.
5.What is the deadline for registration?
Dec 19, 2017
6.Who will provide the components?
One should bring their own components.
7.Can an individual participant register for the event?
Yes, an individual can register but, the team will be formed once they come for the Hackathon.