If you want to learn how to make a line following robot and participate in the competition on your own, click here and follow the instructions. Have a nice making.
Track the multiple color paths (white, red and black) on the alternative color background.
The robots will have to track a 2.5 cm wide colored line with alternative color ( for e.g -white line on a black surface). The tracks will be disclosed on the day of the competition.
- Each team is allowed to have only one robot.
- The robot must fit into a cube of dimension 200mm*200mm*200mm (l*b*h).
- The robot must only use on-board power supply. No external off-board power supply is allowed.
- The maximum voltage difference between any two points must not exceed 24V. The robot must be fully autonomous with all power self-contained.
- Human operators are not permitted to enter any information into the robot during the contest.
- The robot must not communicate with any wireless device.
- The robot must be started by one switch.
- The arena may be scratched during the competition, RAN is not responsible for its effect during the game play.
- Only one team member can enter the game zone during the run.
- Any team that is not ready on time will be eliminated from the competition.
- The robots will be checked for their safety before the run and will be discarded if found unsafe for other participants and spectators.
- Any machine which damages the arena will be disqualified.
- Participants should not dismantle their robots before the completion of the whole competition as the machines might need to be verified by the organizers at a later stage to ensure that the participants had not violated any of the rules.
- Judges’ decisions shall be treated as final and binding.
- In case participants have to restart the robot, they must restart it from behind the last checkpoint.
- Points will be awarded if the robot has crossed the checkpoint.
- The organizers reserve the right to change any or all of the above rules as they deem fit. Change in rules, if any, will be highlighted on the website and notified to the registered participants.
- Any robot not conforming to the specifications provided.
- The team damaging or trying to damage the game field.
- The team performing any act that is not in the spirit of fair play.
- The team that fails to obey instructions and/or warnings issued by the referees.
- The use of explosives, fire and dangerous chemicals.
- If a laser is used, it shall be of Class 2 or less.
- If more than specified restarts is made during a run.
- Each participating robot has to complete the path within 3 minutes of time. Time taken to complete the track will be noted.
- There will be 5 checkpoints and participants are allowed only to make 4 restarts during the game.
- A checkpoint is a yellow line that lies on the lines. The yellow electric tape would be used to indicate the checkpoint.
- A checkpoint is crossed if the robot completely crosses the yellow point.
- If robot goes astray or team needs to reset the bot, the bot is placed just behind the nearest checkpoint it crossed.
- There will be four rounds of the contest:
- League Round: Top 8 Teams will go to next round.
- Quarterfinal Round: Top 4 Teams will go to next round.
- Semifinal Round: Two Teams will go to next round. Second Runner-Up will be determined.
- Final Round: Winner and First Runner-Up will be determined.
The participants are judged on the basis of how fast their robot can track the paths.
A team may consist of a maximum of 3 member and a supervisor. Students from different educational institutions can also form a team.
Anyone interested in the robotics and under the age of 18 can participate. However they have to submit a valid Identity Card and a passport sized photo of each team member.
- All participating team members will be provided with a certificate.
If team is sponsored by college or any organization then that college or organization will also get the certificate of participation. Team needs to verify the name of their sponsors (if any) during the time of registration to claim this certificate.
First Position : Robo F1
1) Sabin Timsina
2) Sakar Poudel
3) Yogesh Rai
Second Position :Tachyon bot
1) Anup Bhurtel
2) Diwash Dahal
3) Manish Bohara
4) Achyut Dang