SOLVING REAL-WORLD PROBLEMS
WHAT IS BHAWISHYA?
Bhawishya is a national event organized by Ministry of Science and Technology co-organized by Nepal Academy of Science and Technology along with organizing partners like Karkhana, Robotics Association of Nepal and Nepal Innovation Lab targetting young students aged 8-14. In this event, students get a platform to realize and solve real-world problems by building the project on the event day at the event venue.
It is a challenge involving Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts & Design and Mathematics (STEAM) subjects where students work in a team of 3 to build a project/working prototype that solves a real-world problem in Nepal. The problem that team is trying to solve is recommended (not compulsory) to addresses one or more goals mentioned in the Sustainable Development Goals but within a certain time frame. Students would have to build the project in the event venue itself and would be judged on the building process.
The event would be conducted on the following schedule
- 09:00 AM to 09:30 AM: Breakfast
- 09:00 AM to 10:00 AM: Registration and assigning tables
- 10:00 AM to 02:00 PM: Prototype Building (Judging would be done for the entire 4 hours of work)
- 01:00 PM to 02:00 PM: Lunch
- 02:00 PM to 04:30 PM: Exhibition of the prototypes (Open for Public)
- 04:30 PM to 05:00 PM: Closing