Yantra Learning is one of the new program added this year under the umbrella of Yantra. It is a software competition where programmers develop software project focusing on agriculture theme. It is an open Machine Learning competition to develop algorithms and software that can make the Yantra (machine) learn from external environment’s past data and patterns to take decision for the current situation.
The algorithm is the main innovation in this challenge, and to approach it any programming language or software tools is permitted. Other challenge will be to make a platform where the algorithm can get its implementation. Platform can be in form of External Displays, Mobile or PC apps.
The overall project should have positive impact on the productivity of farmers.There will be seminar on Yantra Learning before the competition.
To come up with innovative way to solve the existing local problem in field of agriculture through machine learning and promote the scope of this globally trending technology in local level through enthusiastic and young minds.
Task for Yantra learning:
- Each participant should select any local problem in Nepal related to Agriculture.
- Each participant should create problem statement
- The participating team should develop a story on their project
- Each participant should create their unique algorithm
- Well documentation is required
- Working model of the software application should be presented in the competition.
- Registration Open : 11th November,2016
- Project Proposal Submission deadline date : 10th December,2016
- Yantra Learning Competition Date : 17th December,2016
- Registration Starts from 11th November,2016 till 10th December,2016
- There will be 4 members in each team
- Registration charge per team Rs.1600*
- For registration, team should submit their idea proposal along with team detail and ID card
- Payment can be done by visiting RAN Office, Pulchowk or by cash deposit on RAN bank account.
- In case of cash deposit the participants should submit the scan copy of cash deposit slip at email@example.com along with the team details.