- Aquathon is a two day hackathon.
- It will be held on “2016/12/05” and “2016/12/06”
- We aim to highlight the concept relationship between the present condition of water in Nepal and our life.
- Water is an essential element on which all life depends but now it has become global garbage can.
- Water sanitation and hygiene have important impacts on both health and disease.
- There is an increasing awareness that our freshwater resources are limited and need to be protected in terms of both quantity and quality.
- We look forward creating an android application which will control a hardware mechanism for solving water pollution of water related issues in Nepal.
Quest for the competition:
- The team should make an interactive android application that will control a system which should create an impact on the society.
- The system should be based on the theme.
- The team should make a presentation regarding the quest they have completed.
- The quest is to be completed within the given two days time.
- A team should create one interactive android application.
- A team should also make a system that will be controlled by the android application.
- Each team is allowed to have only one smart phone application which is to control the hardware mechanism.
- Only one hardware mechanism is allowed throughout the competition
- A team must present the smartphone application and the hardware mechanism that they have created.
- Presentation should also contain the work division among the team members for completion of particular tasks.
- The system they have created can be modified but the concept of the system should remain the same.
- Each team has 1 extra days to improvise and modify their system before the presentation.
- Downloaded applications are not allowed to be used.
- Only one mobile should be used throughout the competition.
- A team should make one system and the same system should be used throughout the competition.
- Any team not being at the venue in the pre-defined time will be eliminated from the competition.
- Each team must have a team name.
- Any team that is not ready on the time will be eliminated.
- One participant cannot be in multiple number of teams.
- All the members of the team must be present in the event.
- Game should not use foul language.
- The organizers reserve the right to change any or all of the above rules as they see fit. Change in rules, if any, will be highlighted on the website and notified to the registered participants.
- Judges decision shall be treated as final and binding.
- The team damaging or tries to damage the other team’s hardware mechanism.
- The team performing any act that is not in the spirit of fair play.
- The team that fails to obey instructions and/or warnings issued by the organizers.
- The use of explosives, the fire and dangerous chemicals.
- The use of android apps and its design is only allowed to control the hardware mechanism.
- The android apps needed to control the hardware mechanism cannot
be a downloaded from any apps store.
- The team any kind of signal jammer.
- All the team will have to give a presentation on the project they have completed.
- The presentation will be held on “ 2016/12/09”.
- Five minutes will be given to complete the presentation.
- Five minutes will be given to show the demo of their project.
- After the presentation, there will be question answer session for 3 minutes.
- Teams with Best creative and innovative ideas, Best designs, Best Presenter will be determined.
- Winner along with First and Second Runner-Up will be announced.
- Winner will be decided according to the points obtained.
- Team is judged on creativity, originality, technical merit, and how well they follow good programming practices.
- The total judgement point for each team would be 100 points.
- 30 points for Android Application Development
- 40 points for Hardware system.
- 20 points for presentation
- 10 points for question and answer round.
- The system must be team’s own work.
- All members of team must have overall content knowledge
- Each team will be judged on the basis of ability to answer question asked about the app and the hardware mechanism by the judge.
A team may consists of a maximum of 4 members and the members from different educational institutions can also form a team.
- All the participants should be of 19 years or above.
- Only female participants are allowed to participate.
Anyone interested from above mentioned criteria can participate. However they have to submit a valid Identity Card and a passport sized photo of each team member.
- All participating team members will be provided with a certificate of participation.
- If any team is sponsored by college or any organization then that college or organization will also get the certificate of participation. Team needs to verify the name of their sponsors (if any) during the time of registration.
If you want to learn how to make android apps from mit app inventor and participate in the competition on your own, click ai2.appinventor.mit.edu/